Thursday, August 30, 2012

Quick Update and Some Pretty Adorable Pics

Just wanted to update you all on where we stand as of today.

I got a call from the dermatologist yesterday morning saying that we could start the oral antibiotics for Emri's hemangioma. I'll start that tomorrow morning. I pray, pray, pray it works!!! The topical medicine I've been putting on the spot seems to be working! Maybe the two combined (along with lots of prayer(: ) will knock it out pretty quickly.

Today Em had her bladder test and
PRAISE THE LORD
her bladder functions as it should!!! 
What a relief!!!
He said, though, that 20-30% of patients who have tethered cord surgery have difficulty emptying their bladders, so if that happens with Em I will have to put a catheter in to help her empty her bladder out. He said it's very unlikely for that to become permanent, but it could happen.

Let's just go ahead and rebuke that right now!
:)

Here's a couple pics of her during the ultrasound:

She did so good! Just laid there the whole time!

Here's one of her and daddy before the actual procedure. 
I love how much she loves him!!

So, the next steps are just follow-up appointments. September 17 we have a follow up with the dermatologist to check the progress of the hemangioma removal. At this visit she will tell us if she thinks we need to do the laser removal. September 18 we have a follow-up with Dr. Oakes. I'm hoping this appointment will be to schedule the actual surgery.

I'm really, really still praying for that little miracle. How amazing would it be to go in for a visit and the doctor tell us she doesn't need surgery?! While I'm on this, a friend of mine posted something a few days ago that I've saved to my phone and read it all the time. This is what it says:

"Don't be afraid to ask for a miracle. But at the same time pray for the strength to accept God's will."

That's some good stuff right there! Like I said in my last post, I know that Emri will be healed..it just may not be the way we want it to happen! God's way is the perfect way. Even though I think the best way is for him to just miraculously heal her, that may not be his plan. 

And I have to be okay with that.

So keep the prayers flowing. We got a great report today! Let's keep that trending! :)

Alright, enough of the medical stuff!! Let's see some cute pictures, shall we?!
Matt and I had a little photo shoot with Em for her two month pics. Let the adorableness ensue: 








She's so cute I can barely stand it! She's so much fun now. She's starting to be more responsive- for example, when I wake her up from a nap she will look at me and smile real big..
Melt. My. Heart.
So precious!!

She's a tough little girl. She's already been through a lot for only being 8 weeks old. If I could take it from her I would. 
Keep praying for her and for continued good reports at each visit, and for the hemangioma to shrink substantially or go away completely. Knowing how many people are praying for us and for her totally blows me away. We can feel your prayers and we thank you all so, so much!!

I'll leave you with this little nugget that the same friend mentioned above posted, as well:

"Adversity is the testing ground of our faith. God has to risk losing you forever to your anger and bitterness in order to have you for His true son.  Anyone can believe and sing praises on the Temple Mount when the sun is shining, but true praise is sung in the darkest valley when the Accuser tells you to curse God for making you suffer so much pain. If you can still praise your Father's goodness, even in the darkness, then you are His son indeed."

xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment