Tuesday, October 30, 2012

T-minus.....tomorrow

Well it's here. I was hoping this week would never come, but it came just the same.
I'm oddly excited for it. I think because I know my baby girl will be healed. I came to a realization the other day thanks to a sweet friend. I've been praying for God to heal Emri- for that miracle in her little body. I know that God can perfectly heal her with just a blink of his eye, and I'm still holding onto that hope, but healing comes in many forms. The delicacy the surgeons have to have while performing this surgery is incredible. I believe that God gives them His hands for just a moment so that they can fix what was meant to destroy. That's a miracle!! Maybe that's the miracle we're intended to receive. If so, I'm thankful.
The past week and a half has been tough to say the least. Thinking about my baby having to be cut open- on her spine none the less- just makes me nauseated. So many negative thoughts and lies were/are being put in my head: things that could go wrong, the tough time we have ahead, fear of losing her. It's been hard. I have so much fear. I'm so scared. Every time I get a wave of fear, the scripture "Perfect love casts out all fear" comes to my head. Let's be honest..I'm not there, haha. I'm terrified. But I think that's acceptable!
We have a pre-op appointment today at 10:00 am, and we will meet with the surgeon to discuss surgery. First, though, he will check the hemangioma on her back to be certain it's healed enough for surgery. If it is, then we will go do anesthesia prep stuff.
So be praying!! Specifics to pray for:
-that the surgeon accepts her back the way it is and will proceed with surgery
-that she is healed and we don't even have to do surgery!!
-there's a chance, after her surgery, Emri will have difficulty emptying her bladder and will have to have a catheter for a while. PRAY AGAINST THAT IN JESUS' NAME!!!
-we have to have a physical therapist-type thing come in and work with Em to make sure she doesn't fall behind on development. Pray for God's hand to be all over that
-if we go through with surgery, cover the surgeon in prayer
-pray for Matt and me, and our families. It's going to be a difficult week or so.

I love you all. Your support, encouragement and prayers are more than I could ever ask for. We've been so blessed in so many ways by so many of you! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!
I will try my best to update everyone as much as possible this week.

Here's a sweet picture for you all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment